Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Karson, I know that we haven't talked all that much with the time change, busy work schedule, etc. since you've arrived in Santa Barbara, but rest assured that I've been very busy.
Here are just a few highlights that I wanted to share with you of my jam-packed, rip-roaring, exciting schedule.
1. I have organized our movies by genre. You now can find the romantic comedies almost instantaneously, without having to flip through all of the pages.
2. I discovered some old folder games that your mother used for her classroom when she used to teach. They were in the attic...and I might have spent an hour or more in our attic playing them. It was actually quite warm up there...
3. I ran your truck into the fence...again...sorry...there is just not enough room for me to back up.
4. I had pink eye. Yippee!!!
5. I have discovered how much I like sleeping sideways in our bed. It is a great position for T.V. watching and my head is a little farther from the alarm when it beeps in the a.m.
6. I scrubbed the house from floor to ceiling on my Snow Day.
7. I became a brunette.
Now, before you get too worried, I'll tell you that one of these things is not exactly the truth, but I guess you will have to wait until you see me again to find out. Just trying to keep it exciting:)
Goodbye for now!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
3. I ALWAYS know how much he adores me.
4. He is one of the smartest men I know.
5. He can fix anything.
6. He likes to talk almost as much as me:)
7. We think the same way.
8. He is always happy.
9. He makes really good coffee when he comes to visit.
10. He loves my mom.
No matter how old I get or how far apart we are, I'll always be your little girl! Happy Birthday!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We-wum (this is the best one of my kids can do:)
Q. three things you are wearing right now:
My Grandmother's wedding ring
Citizen's...my favorite jeans
BCBG sweater from Nordstrom (some of you know the story behind this sweet little purchase:))
Q. two things you want very badly at the moment:
My husband to come home
My parents to move to Texas
Q. two things you did last night:
Cooked lamb for Karson's last dinner at home
Helped Karson pack
Q. two things you ate today:
Spring Creek (thank you Smiths and Varners)
Q. two people you last talked to on the phone:
Q. two things you are going to do tomorrow:
go to Spin Class with Rae
shop with Courtney
Q. two longest car rides:
from Cali to ACU and back every summer for four years
Q. two of your favorite beverages:
Q. the people you’d like to tag for their very own:
Sunday, January 4, 2009
So, for our big debut...(drum roll please:)) I thought I would add a few pictures from our Christmas. We decided this year that we would go on a vacation with my parents instead of exchanging gifts. We only did stockings (which turned out great b/c anything too big to fit in a stocking was just placed next to the stocking and still called a "stocking stuffer").
We spent the week in San Francisco. It was so much fun!
Here is our Golden Gate Bridge picture. Despite our patient attempts to wait out the fog, this was the best we did:)
While at Alcatraz, Karson did something that really ticked me off:) hehe...love you honey:)
We visited several wineries in Napa and Sonoma on Day 2. It was very foggy, but still very beautiful scenery!
Later that night, we ate dinner on the balcony and watched the people in Union Square.
We walked up and down Lombard street which is famous for being very steep with lots of turns:)
We visited the Exploratorium, which was beautiful. These are my parents...aren't they cute:)?
And us...aren't we cute:)? j/k
View from Coit Tower...
This is the BART station at Union Square and the sight of my near death experience...okay, so maybe not that near death, but right after we took this picture I was hit in the head by an empty Vodka bottle that somebody on the bridge decided that they didn't want anymore. Pretty exciting, huh?
And...New Years! It was CRAZY in Union Square! Pretty much anything goes...I mean ANYTHING!
Karson and I have been together for six years and this was our first New Years' Eve together. We enjoyed our first ever New Years Eve kiss:)