Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby Got Back...

Karson's back! Yippeeeeeeeee! As many of you know, Karson has been in Santa Barbara working the past month....yes, a whole month...to the day.... I missed him just a little:) We celebrated his first night back with a very formal Valentine's Day dinner:) Can you tell?

While he was gone, I was very fortunate that Karson's company flew me out to Cali to visit him. I have been wanting to post pictures of our little weekend getaway, but I couldn't find the camera cord:) I know you have been anxiously awaiting these photos:)

This is the precious Hotel Oceana that we stayed in. I would highly recommend it. It wasn't anything amazingly fancy, but it was quaint and cute. My favorite thing was that you could walk outside and be on the beach:)

On the first day that I was there, Karson had to work all day, so my dad drove in to see me. I took him out to lunch for his birthday. It was extra special because I can't remember the last time we have been together for his birthday:) We ate lunch on the pier. Yummy:)My mom dropped by for a quick lunch later in the weekend:)
OK...back to Karson. He is, afterall, the reason for the trip:) Karson and I really enjoyed the beach. The weather was beautiful and the beach wasn't too crowded.
We also ate lunch at the pier. A bird joined us:)

Then, Karson decided to memorialize me by making a sand sculpture of me:) j/k:)

Oh, I almost forgot the last minute trip to Sam's that we had to do for his work on Sunday. I mean, who would want to keep their sailing reservations when they could go to Sam's???

And what super romantic thing did we do on our last night together??? You guessed it!!! We spent the night in the E.R with one of Karson's coworkers! We really were happy to do it. We can make pretty much anything fun!

I know that it is cheesy (that's me:)), but this post wouldn't be complete without thanking all of my amazing friends who entertained me while Karson was gone. Thank you Steph, Jay and Carley for the numerous meals and Wii fit sessions. Molly, thanks for taking me to dinner and making me go to the gym:) Hattie, thanks for the date night...Karson's jealous:) Courtney and Jen, thanks for cooking with me:) Amber, Jill, Rae, Andrea, Kenny, and Colby, thanks for the meals! You guys are awesome!

Have a blessed week!

6 comments:

  1. Love the title of this post! Congrats on having a hubby again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I hope you guys enjoy a great weekend together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, several things...

    I like Karson with the beard thing!

    That is the cutest little hotel room I think I have ever seen!

    Wish I was there to entertain you for some of the time he was gone!

    At least it wasn't "in true Sharon fashion" the reason for being in the ER!! LOL! :)

    And, awww I miss your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I LOVE the new page! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Karson is back. We all missed him. And, Sharon, I will go on a date with you any time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really love Karson's new look, I love the beard on him!

    ReplyDelete