Monday, August 20, 2012

Once Upon A Time...

July was truly a month of blessings with our little ones.  We got to see them a lot.  This is Baby Girl.:)
And this is Baby Boy's foot.:)

This is all three of us at 22 weeks.  
A little later in July, we were able to see our little sweeties again.  This is Baby Girl. 


And this is Baby Boy.:)




Here we are at 24 weeks.
One of the most special things in July was our baby shower.  It was such a special day for so many reasons.  Each of these girls has been such a huge part of our journey to be parents and it meant the world to me to have them host this special day for our family.  They've all brought meals while I've been on bed rest or been to Dr. appointments or helped with whatever we've needed.  And of of course, they've been some of our biggest prayer warriors the last several years. Thank you Courtney, Alli, Miranda, Jen, Haylee, Michelle, Hattie, Meredith, Eleanor, and Andrea for everything!
And then, of course, we were thrilled that the Williams crew drove in for the big party.  Grandma Marilyn, Aunt Amy, and Great Grandma Doris all drove in from Seminole. Great Grandma Helen drove in from Kansas and Great Aunt Isabel also joined in the fun.
My mom also flew in from Cali for the big day. She's just a "little" excited about being a grandma.:)
Lane, who has been like a sister to me since I was in First Grade, also drove in from Arkansas with her husband and two boys, which was really special.
We also took a picture with Alli, who opened up her home to host this shower.  Alli called "dibs" on hosting this grand event about five years ago, so it was pretty special when it finally happened.:)  



The theme was "A Storybook Shower."  The invitation read, "Once upon a time, Karson and Sharon prayed for a child to love. God's answer was both a boy and a girl, sent from up above." I thought it was such a perfect and sweet idea for our sweet little ones. 
The house was full of little decorations and pink and blue treats.:)




I wish I'd gotten a better picture, but my sweet friend Rae drove in from Oklahoma to join us.  It really meant so much to me that she made the trip to celebrate with our family. 

The food was delish!!!
And the company was even better!

And then, it was PRESENT TIME!!:)  This bible was given to us by the elders and their wives.  It is something that we will always cherish. 

I was so excited to see that Aunt Lane and her mom bought us our bouncer.:) 
Matching towels are a must.:)

A baby monitor...a very practical gift from my hostesses.:)
They also got us this thing, which I'm pretty sure could be used as a weapon, if needed. It's huge!
I'm sure the twins will love their excersaucer.:)

I think Grandma Marilyn bought all of the baby clothes in Seminole for our little ones.:)
She also bought these adorable stuffed animals for her first grand babies.:)
My mom bought us our baby bedding, which I absolutely love.
Great Grandma Doris bought them some cute socks and shoes. 

My Aunt Miriam made these beautiful quilts for our little angels, which are so very special.  
I think our babies are just a little spoiled!;)
Since it was a Storybook theme, the guests all brought books, which I thought was a cute idea.:)
As we were getting ready to leave, we couldn't resist taking a picture with Knox and his mommy.  I know our boys will be best buddies and he'll be a great little boyfriend for our sweet girl in a VERY long time!;) 

And then, just for fun, I had to include a few outtakes.  It was hard deciding which ones to include because there were SO many choices!!!

I really was excited about the Bible, really!:)
Thanks to this picture, I now know what I'll look like if I gain 100 pounds. :)
Duh???
This might be my favorite...
A little awkward baby bumping...
And then whatever this is...

Thanks for reading this VERY long post! 
xoxo, Sharon


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That last part had me giggling Sharon! ANd thank you for posting this, for all of those who were totally there in spirit! Oooohh, how I wish I could have been there to be a part of this momentous occasion! So happy that it was so wonderful, since you are the hostess with the mostess, I am thrilled to hear that you were showered with so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing, Sharon! You are such a ham! I wish I could have been there, too! I'm working on your boards this week, so I'll give you a call soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those outtakes are hysterical! SOOO excited for you!!!

    :) AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy you were blessed this way!!!

    ReplyDelete