Thursday, October 21, 2010

What Happens in Vegas...

Goes on the blog a REALLY long time later...:)
A few weeks ago, Karson and I went on a little weekend getaway to Vegas. Both of us are HUGE Garth Brooks fans, so when his tickets went on sale in June, I made sure to get us some! I had three cell phones and a computer ready and waiting and I was determined to surprise Karson with these tickets! Neither of us had ever been to Vegas before, so I didn't know quite what to expect. We stayed at the Trump Hotel and were very pleased. It was a very nice hotel for the price and we liked that it was at the end of the strip in a little less busy area.

We don't usually take pictures of bathrooms, but we had to capture this bathroom mirror complete with TV in it.:) I've never seen Karson spend so much time in the bathroom...just kidding!:)
Every morning we were there, Karson made me breakfast in bed. I think that might have been one of my favorite parts!


We arrived on Friday and on Saturday, my parents drove in from Cali to join us for the concert. They only stayed the one night, but it was fun to see them if even for a few hours!

This is a sweet picture of them before the concert. Aren't they cute.:)

And us at the Wynn before the concert...



And then, it was time for the big night. I must admit, I was a bit giddy when we picked up our tickets. I have wanted to see Garth since I was a little girl, so this was soooooo fun!

And then, we sneaked a little picture before the concert...


My parents after the concert...


The next day, we just enjoyed the shopping and walking around the city. We also saw O and La Reve, which are both Cirque du Soleil shows. We really enjoyed O, but I have to say that I think that La Reve was my favorite.

We also enjoyed the fountains at the Bellagio. They were really exciting!
Overall, we really enjoyed the weekend. We can't wait to go back and see Garth again!:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I've so missed your posts. I was just about to tell you at work (except I NEVER see you anymore). Glad you had a fun little getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, an update! Looks like a fun trip, I would have loved to see Garth, I loved him as a kid too! You and Karson are so cute together, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! I saw Garth when I was in high school. He is a great entertainer! Glad you made the most of it. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete